Welcome to Travel Media Showcase 2014
We invite you to join us at L'Auberge Casino Resort in Lake Charles, Louisiana, August 5-8, 2014 for the 15th Annual Travel Media Showcase.
Our unique three-day program will include two days of pre-scheduled journalist/exhibitor appointment sessions, local fam tours, pre tour, post tours plus numerous networking opportunities. Local Media or Editors may opt for a one-day registration option. Click here to view the Schedule of Events.
Travel Media Showcase is a one-stop, opportunity for travel journalists to:
- Meet one-on-one with public relations and communications practitioners from convention and visitors bureaus, state, regional, and international tourism offices, attractions and theme parks, major hotel chains and destination resort properties, airlines, cruise lines and gaming venues.
- Gather new story ideas and background material on a broad range of tourism products.
- Develop personal relationships with key travel information sources.
- Network with other travel journalists and editors.
- Schedule follow-up media visits to destinations of interest.
- Sign up for participation in upcoming destination-sponsored familiarization trips.
Approved journalists attend TMS at no charge. Journalist registration includes:
- Accommodations for three nights: L'Auberge Casino Resort, Lake Charles, LA August 5-8, 2014.
- All Event Functions: Opening Reception, Host Dinner, Breakfasts, Luncheons, and Gala Closing Dinner.
- A schedule of up to 30 marketplace appointments with destination exhibitors in a speed-dating format.
- Local Fam Tour.
- Optional Pre/Post Tours.
- Travel Subsidy: A subsidy of up to $150 is available for journalistís expenses. Please note that you can use airline miles and still receive the subsidy.
All Journalists are required to pre-qualify in order to receive a member id and password to register for Travel Media Showcase. The pre-qualification questionnaire takes just minutes to complete.
What Past Attendees Are Saying about TMS:
"Our sincere thanks to you and your wonderful staff. We attend so many of these things and all too often they are a drag that gives us little of value. The time at TMS gave us the opportunity to meet with some 30 reps and gather information that will keep us going for quite a while." - Bob & Sandy Nesoff, Travel Columnists
"Great event at TMS Rockford!!! I had so much fun and made a lot of great contacts. So many stories in my head from that event." - Deb Thompson, Just Short of Crazy.com
"Thanks for another great TMS! You guys are the best. Of all the trade shows I attend TMS is the best organized. I always get a lot of good story ideas." - Ed Walsh
"I'm back to reality after spending another week on the road following TMS. Can't thank you enough for all you did to make TMS a really special event. In addition to the marvelous informative and educational visit to Rockford, I made a number of excellent contacts for possible future FAM trips and articles. You two and all your staff were terrific. I appreciate all your efforts and look forward to seeing you in Lake Charles next year." - Chuck Miller, The Traveling Guy
"I just completed my survey. I meant every word. It was a spectacular success and just wonderful. I don't know how in the world you will be able to top it." - Cynthia Calvert, Editor and Owner - Tribune Newspapers
"I just wanted to thank you and tell you what an amazing show the Rockford TMS turned out to be. The connections I made will be invaluable in creating content for my travel columns for the next year. So many of the little touches like the flowers and T-shirts were exquisite. In addition, I've got everything lined up for a trip to Cancun in December, but meeting the ladies from X-Caret will assist in my editorial. Thank you for a well-planned, well-executed show. Can't wait for Lake Charles next year!" - Mira Temkin
"Thank you again for all your efforts prior to and during this week's Travel Media Showcase 2013. You made this event a most rewarding professional experience and I am happy to report that a large percentage of my meetings with exhibitors resulted in solid potential opportunities which we at Simon and Baker Travel Review and Luxury Travel Review are already following up." - Josette King - Travel Journalist & Photographer