Travel Media Showcase 2011
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
September 20-23, 2011
Space is limited and all applications
are subject to approval.
Please note that when evaluating
applications we try to maintain a balance of new and
returning journalists; local and out-of-town media; editors,
staff and freelance journalists; media outlets (newspapers,
magazines, broadcast and internet) and the ratio of
exhibitors to media.
Journalist registration is free and is
open to all qualified travel media.
Editors, Staff Writers, Assignment Writers, Freelance
Writers, Photographers, Video and Film producers for
newspapers, magazines, television, broadcast/video/film,
internet, travel guides, books are eligible to attend.
Journalist Registration Includes:
- Accommodations for up to three nights at the Renaissance Oklahoma City (nights of September 20th, 21st and 22nd, 2011).
- All event functions: Opening Reception, Host Dinner, two breakfasts, two luncheons and Gala Closing Dinner.
- Local Fam Tours.
- Travel Subsidy - A subsidy of up to $150 is available for journalists travelling in excess of 600 miles return trip
(300 miles each-way) based on approved actual travel costs. Travel Subsidy checks will be issued to journalists (who
have submitted their invoice by the deadline) on the final day of the show. Journalists who submit their invoices after
the deadline will receive their travel subsidy check by mail after the event. In order to qualify, journalists must have
attended their pre-scheduled appointments.
- Optional Pre and Post Event Tours (subject to availability and approval).
- Registration is free for qualified media. Please note that it will take 5-10 minutes to complete the application form.
You may save your partially completed form and then return to it later.
- All media must provide 4-6 clippings of recently published work. The clippings must be actual copies of the published
work which clearly shows the name of the publication, date published, and circulation. Links to online published work
at the outlet's website are acceptable, however "Samples" of writing are not accepted. Editors may provide their
masthead, number of times published and circulation.
Terms and Conditions:
- Applications will not be processed until clippings are received. ALL applications must be accompanied by 4-6 actual
samples of recently published work. These samples must include the name of the publication as well as the date it
appeared. If you are providing online samples you must provide the direct link to the page (NOT a general link to the website).
Print or Audio/Video clippings may be sent to:
J. Vero & Associates
One Dag Hammarskjold Blvd, Suite 6
Freehold, NJ 07728
- Notification of attendance will be sent via email beginning on May 2, 2011 and on a rolling basis after that point.
- Journalists may receive an attendance of waitlisted. A journalist may be waitlisted because the media slots thus
far are filled or specific qualifications of the journalist are not represented in the exhibitor representation thus
far. Waitlisted journalists may be approved based on a number of conditions, i.e. a media slot has opened due to
cancellation, more exhibitors have been added allowing for more media slots, etc.
- Journalists must complete their appointment request forms by the due date. Please check the Key Dates page to see when
the request form will be available.
- Travel Media Showcase is not to be used for the purpose of obtaining employment or selling any product, including
advertising. Any journalists who directly solicit exhibitors for paid services will be removed from the show without
- All journalists must attend all of their appointments, including up to six appointments that were not selected by
the journalist, as well as the local tour they were scheduled to attend. No distribution or acceptance of gifts
with a value over $5.00 will be permitted at the event unless the item has been approved in advance by JVA.
- No requests for paid additional or complimentary services during the Travel Media Showcase program will be permitted.
These include, but are not limited to, requests for: sightseeing, transportation, dinners, dinner shows, and
resort services such as golf, spa treatments, facials, manicures, massages, etc. Any journalists who directly
solicit for additional paid/complimentary services will be removed from the show without compensation and will not be
invited back to future TMS events.
- Due to insurance coverage and liability, no one under the age of 18 is permitted to attend scheduled TMS events. All
guests must be approved by TMS and have proper Guest ID badge. All requests must be submitted in writing to Kim Ernst.
- Cancellation Notice: Notice of cancellation must be received
by email no later than 5pm Eastern Time on Monday, September 12, 2011. No-shows or cancellations received after that date
will be subject to an accommodation charge of $139. Please notify Kim Ernst in the event of a cancellation.
- Travel Subsidy: A subsidy of up to $150.00 is available for
journalists traveling in excess of 600 miles return trip (300 miles each-way) based on approved actual travel costs.
Travel Subsidy checks will be issued to journalists (who submitted their invoice by the deadline) on September 22nd.
Journalists who submit their invoices after the deadline will receive their travel subsidy check by mail. In order to
qualify for a subsidy, journalists must have attended all of their pre-scheduled appointments & their local tour.